The HFESNZ’s purpose
- Promote the application of human factors / ergonomics knowledge.
- Advance human factors / ergonomics research, education, public awareness and professional standards.
- Perform any functions or actions necessary or helpful to fulfil the above purposes.
Focus areas for the HFESNZ
- Professional value for members – Making sure members (and those who might become members) see value in HFESNZ membership, and there are regular activities that offer value.
- Connecting with Government, Industry, Health and Safety Sector and other related areas – Positioning the HFESNZ as the go-to place for HFE advice and leadership.
- Focusing on specific areas of expertise – Developing communities of expertise and collaboration through interest groups.
- Working efficiently and with others – explore synergies by communicating with other societies.